Every once in a while it’s important you detox and give your body a rest from processed foods, sugars and alcohol. My go to source for getting back on track is SimpleGreenSmoothie.com, a website dedicated to smoothies and clean eating in a very simple approach.
Here is one awesome recipe from Simple Green Smoothie’s Fresh Start 21 Cleanse.
Roasted Veggie Medley
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup sweet potato, cubed, 2-inch
- 1 carrot, cut in half lengthwise and quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 6 broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup brussels sprouts
- 1/2 zucchini, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Black pepper and sea salt
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 350° F* (180° C). Line a baking sheet or roasting pan with parchment (baking) paper.
- Combine the sweet potato and carrots in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of the melted coconut oil and mix to coat well. Spread evenly onto lined baking sheet. Tuck the garlic cloves amongst the sweet potatoes and carrots. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place broccoli, brussels sprouts, and zucchini in a bowl and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- After 20 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven and add the broccoli, brussels sprouts, and zucchini. Place back in oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes, or until the veggies are just tender. Remove from oven.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, red chili flakes, salt and pepper. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins, and discard skins. Add the roasted veggiesand toss to coat.
- Serve half the veggies over 1/2 cup quinoa and store leftovers for the following day. Eat as is, or top with marinara sauce, basil pesto, beet hummus, guacamole, or a sprinkling of tamari.
You have any clean-eating recipes? Share them below in the comments or email us at email@example.com