Today October 26 is National Pumpkin day. The smell of pumpkin spice latte fill offices and pumpkin scents fill our homes. But pumpkins offer so many other benefits too. Check out 6 ways that they can be incorporated to aid in a healthier you.
6 Benefits of Pumpkins
1. Pumpkins are an antioxidant and anti inflammatory food. It helps with joint health, organ health, stress relief and organ tissue injuries.
2. Protectes eyes frim cataracts and degenration with their Vitamin A content.
3. High levels of Vitamin C help the immue system and encourages collage production for the skin to maintain its beautiful glow and elasticity.
4. Great source of fiber to help wash out toxins and keep body running smoothly.
5. Pumpkins hold enough carotoids to give their orange color and help prevent premature aging and cardiovascular disease.
6. Pumpkin seeds are high in protein and plant based fatty acid, which help regulate cholesterol levels, protect against arthritis, promote healthy skin, and improve brain function. The pulp and seeds are rich in magnesium required for bone and tooth health.
What is your favorite Pumpkin indulgence? Share with us in the comments below.